Monday 16 May 2011

Getting Ready!

Hi Everyone!

My team and I have had a bunch of meetings, going over what we'll be doing in Cambodia, what to expect, the roles we can assume, etc. It's been really great getting together with the team. They really are a great group of people and I'm super-excited to be serving alongside them!

Today is officially a month before I leave to Cambodia!

I can't believe how quickly time has passed! I'm getting together my lesson plans for our time at Logos. The first week for VBS, I'll be teaching and leading the Crafts. As for the rest of the weeks, I'll be teaching and leading the Bible lessons, alongside my teammate Jeffrey. That's for the mornings. In the afternoons, we'll have the opportunity to reach out to the community kids (who can't afford to go to the school) and play sports, swim, and teach them ESL. I can't wait to meet the kids!!On the weekends, we hope to visit the ministries that the school is involved with. :)

As the time to go is approaching quickly, I ask that you please keep us in your prayers. It can be hard figuring out all the details of the lesson plans, so please pray for wisdom in what would be best for the kids!
I'm very excited for what God will do there. I know He has an amazing plan for each of those kids.
Please pray that we're flexible and willing to do whatever it is God needs us to do!
Please pray for the kids, that they'll come with open hearts, curiosity, and a willingness to deal with us strange foreigners! :) Please pray that they'll get to know and experience the incredible love of Christ. :)
Please pray that God gets all the glory and honour and praise!
Please pray that I get all the funds I need, so I can go to Cambodia.
I would just like thank you all for supporting me with prayers and financially! It's really appreciated!!

 " At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”  He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. " Matthew 18:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment